Education costs a pretty penny, but it’s worth it. Whether you’ve got kids in preschool or high school, it’s time to check out the facts and learn how to meet rising college costs. Fortunately, you have a place you can turn to for advice! The experts from the NFDA Work/Life Resource Program (EAP) have informational resources to get you started and, if you need further assistance, help is a phone call away! The Work/Life Resource Program is a benefit of your NFDA membership!
Check out the following articles:
Working in this profession can be challenging professionally and personally. If you need advice on how to better manage stress and care for your health and well-being so you can always be your best, whether you are meeting with a family or spending time with your own loved ones, the NFDA Work/Life Resource Program (EAP), brought to you by Beacon Health Solutions, can help.
The Work/Life Resource Program is a confidential source of support available at no charge to NFDA members and members of their immediate family. Services include a hotline you can call for advice and referrals and a helpful website with articles, webinars and more.
- Counseling Services: Talk one-on-one with an experienced, licensed counselor for support with stress management, relationship issues, work/life balance, substance use, and more. You can access a counselor at no charge up to three times each year (face-to-face, video chat or by phone, whichever is most convenient).
- Work/Life Services – get guidance and referrals for:
- Education services: education resources including preschools, public and private schools, tutors and test preparation, financing, and continuing education
- Convenience services: help with consumer issues, emergency services, home maintenance and repair, pet care, relocation, community volunteering, and more
- Financial Services – get information and referrals for:
- Saving for college
- Debt consolidation
- Mortgage issues
- Estate planning
- General tax questions
- Retirement planning
- Family budgeting
- Legal Services – Get guidance and referrals for:
- Landlord and tenant issues
- Real estate transactions
- Wills and power of attorney
- Civil lawsuits and contracts
- Identity theft recovery
Life is never easy, but you don’t have to go it alone. We want the very best for you. Visit www.nfda.org/worklife for more information about the confidential services available to you and your immediate family.
- Watch: Learn more about how the program can help you from NFDA's account manager.