NFDA is leading the way for the funeral service profession by providing expert guidance to Congress, the executive branch and regulatory agencies.
Every day in Washington D.C., federal legislators and regulators make decisions that impact how you run your business, your ability to serve families and, ultimately, your bottom line.
You can’t be expected to keep up with everything that happens in Washington, D.C.
That’s why NFDA is your advocate! We are the only funeral service association with a full-time federal lobbyist in our nation’s capitol to drive change and protect your interests.
We have the relationships with the executive branch, Congress, federal regulators, legislators and staff. With years of experience and dedication working for funeral service, we are your voice in Washington, D.C. on issues that impact the profession.
These relationships have paid off in spades.
- In the midst of a global pandemic, we successfully advocated for the passage of the BRAVE Act.
- When the CDC and White House needed to understand how our nation could care for the dead with dignity and respect during the COVID-19 pandemic, they called NFDA.
- We regularly meet with the FTC to discuss the Funeral Rule and other issues and how decisions commissioners make impact your ability to serve families.
- When members of Congress are considering legislation that could potentially impact funeral service, their first call is to NFDA.
- When an NFDA member is having an issue with serving the family of a veteran, our close relationships with staff at the Department of Veterans Affairs can help quickly resolve the issue.
- NFDA has been a leading voice in the EPA’s formaldehyde risk assessment, advocating for your right to offer embalming to families that wish to view their loved one’s body.
The list is endless and demonstrates the power of NFDA as an advocate for funeral directors.
Questions? Contact our Senior Vice President, Advocacy, Lesley Witter at firstname.lastname@example.org.