Further your professional education, stand out from the competition and renew your commitment to serving families with excellence by earning the NFDA International Professional Achievement Certificate, offered exclusively to NFDA's international members*.
This unique program recognizes the dedication of NFDA international members who achieve specific funeral service educational requirements. Program participants receive a 25% discount on NFDA Distance Learning courses applied toward the certificate.
Upon completion, certificate-holders receive a comprehensive materials package from NFDA that includes:
- Formal Certificate of Achievement
- Special logo for use in marketing materials
- Press release template to announce the achievement to local press
- Indication of achievement in NFDA's online Find a Funeral Home and Member Directories
- Submit your $75 Declaration of Intent Fee online. This demonstration of your commitment to the program covers processing, record keeping, your credential package, enrollment in the NFDA Professional Ethics in Funeral Service: NFDA's Code of Ethical Professional Conduct online course and test (required for certificate eligibility) a 25% discount on NFDA distance learning courses and your certificate award package upon completion.
- Pass the online test for NFDA Professional Ethics in Funeral Service: NFDA's Code of Ethical Professional Conduct online course.
- Complete a minimum of 20 education hours within 18 months of your Declaration of Intent. Choose from a variety of convenient options:
- NFDA Distance Learning Courses: Online courses, home study/correspondence options, live webinars and teleconferences are available.
- NFDA Conferences & Events: Maximize your credit potential at a face-to-face NFDA event! With six annual conferences, the NFDA International Convention & Expo and a variety of live certification/training programs, you're sure to find an engaging program that will help you achieve more. Credit earned at the biennial Asia Funeral Expo (AFE) also qualifies.
- Up to three hours of funeral service-related education from a non-NFDA provider (pre-approval from NFDA required).
*The International Professional Achievement Certificate Program is offered to NFDA members in good standing who are located outside of the United States.