Responsible for planning, development, and delivery of technology-enabled continuing education programs/products – online courses, virtual events, webinars, and micro learning opportunities. Implement a full range of eLearning strategies to support professional development programs and events. Responsible for presenter and program or event coordination, including limited face-to-face programs, and various continuing education processes.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) within the funeral service profession as well as other experts to create and deliver a diverse mix of educational programs in both synchronous and asynchronous formats.
- Collaborate with Education team to select webinar topics and speakers. Recruit, confirm and schedule speakers, coordinate content development, and facilitate webinars with presenters.
- Collaborate with Marketing staff on promotional plans for education programs and products. Provide program information, schedules and registration details to Marketing staff. Review and proofread all deliverables – emails, advertisements, brochures, press releases, webpages, etc.
- Serve as program manager for a limited number of face-to-face conferences, including speaker selection, program design and planning, delivery and evaluation. Collaborate with Meetings staff on venue space needs, speaker AV requirements, and on-site management.
- Collect from speakers all necessary program information required for fulfillment of CE application process.
- Work with external eLearning experts in the design, development, and delivery of online programs.
- Collaborate with Information Technology staff to ensure online course integration with association management system. Test and troubleshoot online courses. Provide recommendations as appropriate.
- Monitor education programs information on website for accuracy and timeliness. Coordinate content updates with Marketing staff.
- Contribute to the budget development and monitor expenses and revenue quarterly against budgets for education programs and cost centers as may be assigned.
- Lead review and development of speaker PPT, handout, and other materials for webinars/virtual roundtables and select onsite events. Proofread all related print and website text.
- Seek and maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in adult learning, education technology, and the funeral service industry.
- Promote and assist in carrying out the Association’s mission, vision and goals in a manner consistent with the Association’s stated values.
- Exhibit flexible and innovative approaches while performing essential responsibilities and assignments and participating in strategic leadership, management and special project teams.
- Embrace and actively participate in a variety of work teams as requested or assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Required
Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Education, Communications, or related field with 5-7 years’ experience in education program development and education program management. Strong technical aptitude, including a high level of comfort and familiarity with web-based technologies, including webinar platforms and learning management systems. Understanding of adult learning principles and best practices in learning design and delivery. Self starter with the ability to take ownership and responsibility of multiple tasks without sacrificing accuracy. Positive attitude and enthusiasm for assuming new projects and challenges. Extensive knowledge of MS Office applications. Must be a team player. Demonstrates exceptional organizational and planning skills with great attention to detail. Association experience is strongly preferred. Some travel required.