Provides professional and confidential administrative service to the CEO including supporting the Board of Directors and maintaining the Building and Grounds of the facility.
- Provides administrative support to the CEO. Creates and prepares correspondence, PPT presentations and related materials, Excel spreadsheets, copies, faxes, sorts and distributes mail, maintains files, coordinates calls and takes messages, sets up conference calls, meetings, Zoom meetings, and maintains travel schedules, updates staff lists, as well as coordinates and purchases gifts, cakes, and cards from CEO.
- Performs Board of Directors related duties:
- Forwards all mail to Board members on weekly basis or as necessary.
- Sets up and coordinates Board conference calls.
- Gathers, composes and formats information from the Leadership team to be included in the bi-weekly Board of Directors Update.
- Drafts correspondence for the President and President-elect regarding varied Board items as assigned.
- Fulfills requests from Board members that may include, faxing, emailing, mailing and calling others.
- Gathers, composes and formats Board meeting agendas for final approval by the CEO and President.
- Prepares and distributes approved Board meeting agendas.
- Orders business cards, pins, badges for Board.
- Coordinates the development of Board resolutions including framing.
- Orders/picks up the spouse’s pin from jeweler.
- Maintains the Board website.
- Maintains the Board manual online and Board’s spouse’s manual.
- Prepares and sends state convention information packets to Board.
- Compiles state convention dates, locations, new officers.
- Compiles and sends information, plaques, and handouts to Board at state conventions.
- Coordinates NFDA sponsorships at each state convention.
- Orders Past President’s ring.
- Coordinates presentation of Power Point presentations.
- Orders brass name plates.
- Maintains building and grounds:
- Supervises and assigns tasks to the handyman.
- Works with outside vendors to oversee janitorial services, carpet cleaning, window cleaning, electrical, landscaping and trees, snow removal, paper companies, plumbing, trash, recycling, doors and hardware, pest control, paving, coffee provider, and building equipment.
- Works with tenants regarding any building issues.
- Performs other key volunteer related activities:
- Prepares and distributes the Past Presidents’ agenda.
- Serves as central contact and coordinator for death notices of past or present volunteers.
- Orders flowers and gifts for funerals/illnesses/anniversaries.
- Coordinates the archiving of all Board of Directors and Policy Board minutes to include working with the transcription company and book bindery to have them professionally bound.
- Maintains supply cabinet, including ordering office and janitorial supplies and furniture.
- Orders plaques and awards for state officers, Policy Board Reps, and others as needed.
- Researches NFDA handout gifts and Board gifts.
- Updates state officers/Board members in CRM database.
- Promotes and assists in carrying out the Association’s mission, vision and goals in a manner consistent with the Association’s stated values.
- Exhibits flexible and innovative approaches while performing essential responsibilities and assignments and participating in strategic leadership, management and special project teams.
- Embraces and actively participates in a variety of work teams as requested or assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will have an Associates Degree or professional certification for administrative assistants. Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Three years of administrative support experience is desired, preferably at an executive level. Must be proficient in Zoom, Adobe or Foxit, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel and Windows environment, to include a broad use of Microsoft Office or Office XP. Outstanding organizational skills as well as effective communication (both orally and in writing) and interpersonal skills are essential. Position requires an ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, an attention to detail and the highest degree of confidentiality. Sense of urgency and accuracy are critical. Must be able to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment with a variety of individuals. Must be flexible regarding work hours and have the ability to travel occasionally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long time periods, use hands/fingers to manipulate a computer keyboard, communicate verbally and hear. The employee is required to stand and walk, and sometimes bend, twist, stoop, reach, kneel, crouch, grasp, and lift up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.