We’re going to miss all of you who can’t be with us in Las Vegas for the 2023 NFDA International Convention & Expo. We’re grateful to all of you who stay behind to serve grieving families – the work you’re doing is very important. Even if you’re not in Las Vegas, we’re serving up a taste of convention online!
We’re excited to bring select events to you live via the NFDA Facebook page! If you already follow us on Facebook and you have your notifications enabled, we'll let you know when we're live!
Monday, September 11
10:55 a.m. PT (approximate): Service of Remembrance: 9/11 Never Forget
This year, NFDA’s Service of Remembrance will take place as part of the opening general session on Monday, September 11. The service will be an opportunity to remember and reflect on the tragedy that our country endured.
NFDA is honored to be joined by John LaBarbera, Battalion Commander, FDNY (Ret.), who will inspire us by sharing the stories of the heroes who put their lives on the line on 9/11 and honoring the memories of all who died.
As is tradition, during the Service of Remembrance, NFDA will also pay tribute to members of the funeral service family who died during the past year.
4 p.m. PT: All-Star Recognition Ceremony
Join us for this special celebration honoring funeral service professionals who have achieved special recognitions during the last year:
- 2023 NFDA Pursuit of Excellence Award Recipients
- 2023 NFDA Inspiration Award Recipient
- NFDA Certified Cremation Services Providers and Certified Crematory Operators
- NFDA Certified Preplanning Consultants
- NFDA Green Funeral Practices Certificate Holders
- 2022-23 NFDA National Emerging Leaders Program Graduates
- NFDA Meet the Mentors Program Participants
- Funeral Service Foundation Scholarship Recipients
- APFSP Certified Funeral Service Practitioners
Tuesday, September 12
4:30 p.m. PT: Board of Directors Installation
Join us as we install the 2023-24 Board of Directors
- 2023-24 President Douglas R. “Dutch” Nie II, CFSP, CCO
- 2023-24 President-elect Christopher P. Robinson, CFSP, CCO
- 2023-24 Treasurer Daniel J. Ford, CFSP, CCO
- 2023-24 Secretary Chris E. Christian, CFSP, CCO
- 2023-25 Immediate Past President John O. “Jack” Mitchell IV, CFSP, CCSP
- 2022-24 At-large Representative Brad Walker, CFSP, CCO
- 2022-24 At-large Representative Bobby “Steve” Spann
- 2023-25 At-large Representative Homer E. Elwood Jr.
- 2023-25 At-large Representative Ellen Wynn McBrayer, CFSP, CPC
We will also extend thanks to those who are concluding their service on the NFDA Board of Directors: 2022-23 Immediate Past President Randall P. “Randy” Anderson, CFSP, CCO, and 2023-23 At-Large Representative Beatrice E. Lewanduski, CFSP.
If you’re active on social media, follow NFDA on Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), Instagram and LinkedIn. Also, be sure to watch the hashtag #nfda2023 (especially on Instagram and Twitter) to see posts and pictures from NFDA and your funeral service colleagues.
Professional photographers are out and about capturing all of the excitement of the 2023 NFDA Convention. You can view all of the photos from the convention photo website, www.nfda.org/VegasPics. Download as many photos as you like for free and, if you’re active on social media, share them with your friends (don’t forget to use our convention hashtag, #nfda2023). You can even order physical prints right from your smartphone or computer!