As you evaluate the candidates who are running in the 2023 NFDA elections and prepare to make an informed choice, we invite you to attend the Virtual Officer Candidate Forum on Thursday, June 15 at 1 p.m. CT.
Officers on the Board of Directors will elected by eligible association members, who will cast their votes during an electronic election July 25 through August 7. Officers will begin their terms of office following the 2023 NFDA International Convention & Expo.
The Virtual Officer Candidate Forum will be moderated NFDA General Counsel Chris Farmer. During the Virtual Officer Candidate Forum you can ask questions of the candidates using the Q&A feature in Zoom.
Please take a moment to review the candidate profiles prior to watching the forum.
- Chris E. Christian, Christian-Sells Funeral Home, Rogersville, Tennessee
- Beatrice E. Lewanduski, Claude R. Boyd-Spencer Funeral Home, Babylon, New York
- Daniel J. Ford, Alderson-Ford Funeral Home, Cheshire, Connecticut
- Christopher P. Robinson, Robinson Funeral Home, Easley, South Carolina
Click here to watch the Virtual Officer Candidate Forum at 1 p.m. CT on June 15.
If you miss the Virtual Officer Candidate Forum, you can watch a recording, which will be posted on the NFDA website approximately one week following the live event.
Did You Miss the Virtual At-Large Candidate Forum?
If you were unable to attend the Virtual At-Large Candidate Forum on May 2, please take an hour to learn about the candidates who are running in the NFDA elections – click here to watch.
The candidates for at-large representative seats on the NFDA Board of Directors are:
- Homer Elwood, Jr., Gray Funeral Home & Crematory, Inc., Clinton, South Carolina
- Anthony Guerra, Guerra & Gutierrez Mortuary, Los Angeles, California
- Ellen Wynn McBrayer, Jones-Wynn Funeral Homes & Crematory, Villa Rica, Georgia
- James Olson, Olson Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- Shawn Phillips, Carriage Services, Houston, Texas
- Bill Vallie, Sunset Memorial Gardens and Funeral Home, Odessa, Texas
The 2023-25 At-large Representatives to the Board of Directors will elected during the Voting Forum on July 12 at the Leadership Conference. State Association Representatives will cast votes on behalf of their state association for the At-large Representatives. Two at-large representatives will be elected by a majority vote of the State Association Representatives at the 2023 NFDA Leadership Conference, June 27, 2023. (Each State Association appoints one State Association Representative to cast their state's vote.)
The newly elected at-large representatives will begin serving their two-year terms immediately following the 2023 NFDA International Convention & Expo.