We're so excited to spend time with you in Baltimore during the 2022 NFDA International Convention & Expo. Here are a few things you need to know:
1. Download the NFDA Mobile App from your favorite app store! Note: If you downloaded the NFDA app from a previous conference, please delete and reinstall the app on your phone before arriving at the convention. This will ensure you have the most accurate event information at your fingertips. Simply go to your to your mobile app store (Google Play or the Apple Store) and search for NFDA to download the app. Click on "Events" and then select 2022 NFDA International Convention & Expo. Log in using the email address you used to register for the event (no password is required). Thanks to Tribute Technology for their sponsorship.
2. The first thing you should do when you arrive at the convention center is swing by the convention registration desk to print your badge using our badge printing kiosks! Staff will be on hand to lend a hand if you have questions. If you haven’t registered, want to upgrade your Expo pass to experience the full convention, or need to purchase tickets for the Under 40 Party or Closing Celebration, our registration team will be happy to assist you.
3. Be sure to check out NFDA Central, which is located near registration. There you will find:
- NFDA Membership: If you’re not already, this is the perfect time to become a member of the world’s largest funeral service association. Discover how NFDA can provide you with the resources you need, when you need them, to help you and your firm adapt and grow in the future. And if you are an NFDA member, then stop by to renew your NFDA membership and/or music/webcasting licenses.
- NFDA Store: Shop for the latest products, community-outreach materials, NFDA merchandise and Remembering A Life items.
- Meet & Greet: Check out the schedule of authors doing book signings!
- Funeral Service Foundation: The Funeral Service Foundation awards a variety of academic and professional development scholarships, offers professional and community resources, and makes grants to organizations that advance its mission of investing in people and programs to strengthen funeral service and lift up grieving communities. Learn how the Foundation offers support for every stage of your career, and how you can make a gift that will impact the profession.
- NFDA Live: Join NFDA’s podcast host, Gabe Schauf, at the NFDA Live stage to hear 15-minute interviews with industry movers and shakers, as well as special guests. Be a part of our live Facebook stream and explore the hottest topics in funeral service! Watch last year's NFDA Live interviews.
- NFDA Advocacy: NFDA has your back in Washington, D.C. Whether it’s veterans’ funeral and burial issues, federal mass fatality planning and response, small business and tax issues, body broker legislation, or representing your views to the EPA, OSHA, DoL, DoD, FTC, Congress and the White House, never doubt that your national association works to advocate for legislation and regulation that positively impacts your profession and business.
4. Have you picked the education sessions you’re going to attend? There’s more than 30 to choose from, so check out the schedule online or in the app. (Pro Tip: use the Agenda feature in the app to create a schedule of the sessions you’re planning to attend).
5. Don’t miss our general sessions! We have three amazing keynote speakers – Kindra Hall, Sergeant Dakota Meyer and John O’Leary – as well as the All-Star Recognition Ceremony and Service of Remembrance. Add them to your agenda in the app!
6. Don’t miss a thing in the Expo Hall with our new Map Your Show planning tool. Simply create a My Show Planner account to maximize your show experience (click the link in the upper right corner of your screen)! Map Your Show is also available in the “Expo Hall” icon in the app. Creating an account allows you to:
- Compile a must-connect-with list of exhibitors
- Access exclusive discounts and giveaways
- Create a list of new products you are interested in
- Communicate with company contacts
- Explore scheduled events
- Save time on the show floor by focusing your approach
- Map out your route using the online interactive floor plan
- Increase efficiency by organizing your events and appointments all in one place
7. When you're done for the day at the convention center, NFDA's fun social events will give you an opportunity to create new connections and renew old ones. From the Welcome Party to the Closing Celebration, special events, planned exclusively for you, will showcase the energy and excitement of Baltimore. Learn more.
8. Have a question while you’re on site? Just look for an NFDA staff person and they’ll be happy to help answer your question or point you in the right direction.
We wish you safe travels … see you in Baltimore!