To help you be at your best so you can effectively support the families you serve, NFDA has partnered with SupportLinc to offer a member assistance program. This confidential support service is available 24/7, 365 days per year at no charge to NFDA members and their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, children).
According to Mental Health America, four in five employees feel emotionally drained from their work, an early sign of burnout, and nine in 10 employees report that their workplace stress affects their mental health. Beyond challenges posed by a person’s work, Mental Health America also reports more than 17 million adults struggle with depression, 19 million deal with substance abuse and 9.8 million have experienced suicidal thoughts.
Be sure to follow NFDA on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) for our Self-care in 60 series in which we explore resources offered to you by SupportLinc!
Administered by CuraLinc Healthcare, SupportLinc is available at no charge to you and your immediate family (i.e., spouse and children). All requests for information and assistance are confidential and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and include:
- In-the-moment support and short-term counseling by phone, web, text or mobile app with a licensed clinician that can provide support for work-related pressures, depression, stress, anxiety, grief, relationship problems, substance abuse or other emotional health concerns. You and your immediate family can also receive up to three in-person or video counseling sessions each year.
- Through Virtual Support Connect, you can take part in digital support group sessions hosted by licensed counselors on topics such as grief, mindfulness, preventing burnout and more.
- Free, 30-minute legal consultation per issue with a local attorney, by phone or in-person.
- SupportLinc’s knowledgeable specialists provide referrals that help address a wide range of challenges such as child or elder care, adoption, pet care, home repair, education, and housing needs.
- You can receive expert financial consultation and planning with pressure-free, personalized guidance.
- The SupportLinc website is a one-stop shop for support, resources, self-assessments, information and more. You can also find on-demand training to boost wellbeing, financial calculators, career resources, and retail and service provider discounts.
- You can click the Mental Health Navigator icon on the SupportLinc website or mobile app to complete a short survey and receive personalized guidance for accessing program support and resources.
- And more.
Learn more about all of the tools, resources and information available to you and your immediate family at www.nfda.org/SupportLinc or by calling your NFDA member service representative at 800-228-6332.