As more and more families choose cremation, funeral homes must recommit themselves to "dotting the 'Is" and crossing the 'Ts'" when it comes to safety, ethics, compliance, and risk management. Whether you have an onsite crematory or use a third-party, NFDA has a vast array of tools and resources to help you protect your firm, as well as the families you serve:
- Our free Cremation Consultation Hotline for members is answered by one of the profession’s preeminent experts on cremation, Mike Nicodemus.
- Our annual Cremation & Burial Report has statistical data to help you make informed decisions about how you can best adapt to the ever-increasing rate of cremation.
- If you partner with a third-party crematory to provide services to families, conducting inspections of the crematory is paramount – a lack of inspections is what led to the Tri-State Crematory incident. Our essential Cremation Due Diligence document outlines everything you need to know about conducting inspections.
- If you are considering adding a crematory to your business, our Opening a Crematory booklet is a must-read document.
- Our suite of free sample legal forms includes 40 forms dedicated to cremation, including the new "Third-Party Crematory Agreement."
- We offer the profession’s foremost cremation certification program. The NFDA Cremation Certification Program is more convenient that ever with online, virtual and in-person options for getting certified.
- Through Virtual Roundtables, Free Webinars, the Cremation Success Seminar and the NFDA Convention, NFDA offers the best cremation-related education in the profession.
- Click here to read about the results of the Cremation Business Practices survey in the February 17, 2022, issue of the Memorial Business Journal.
For more information about how NFDA can support you and your business as you serve families that prefer cremation, call your member services representative at 800-228-6332.