It’s normal to be sad or irritable from time to time. But if you can’t seem to shake those feelings, you might have depression. Changes in sleep, appetite, energy, and focus are other tell-tale signs that something is not right. The NFDA Work/Life Resource Program (EAP), a benefit of your NFDA membership, can help you navigate your situation and, if needed, connect you with experts who can help. All inquiries are completely confidential.
- Help finding treatment
- Tips for healthy coping strategies
- Support along the way
Working in this profession can be challenging professionally and personally. If you need advice on how to better manage stress and care for your health and well-being so you can always be your best, whether you are meeting with a family or spending time with your own loved ones, the NFDA Work/Life Resource Program (EAP), brought to you by Beacon Health Solutions, can help.
The Work/Life Resource Program is a confidential source of support available at no charge to NFDA members and members of their immediate family. Services include a hotline you can call for advice and referrals and a helpful website with articles, webinars and more.
- Counseling Services: Talk one-on-one with an experienced, licensed counselor for support with stress management, relationship issues, work/life balance, substance use, and more. You can access a counselor at no charge up to three times each year (face-to-face, video chat or by phone, whichever is most convenient).
- Work/Life Services
- Education services: get referrals to local education resources including preschools; public and private schools; tutors and test preparation; financing; and continuing education.
- Convenience services: get local help with issues such home maintenance and repair; pet care; relocation; community volunteering; and more.
- Financial Services: get information and referrals related to saving for college; debt consolidation; mortgage issues; estate planning; general tax questions; retirement planning; family budgeting; and more.
- Legal Services: get guidance and referrals to local legal experts on subjects like divorce; landlord and tenant issues; real estate transactions; wills and power of attorney; civil lawsuits and contracts; identity theft recovery; and more.
Life is never easy, but you don’t have to go it alone. We want the very best for you. Visit www.nfda.org/worklife for more information about the confidential services available to you and your immediate family.