Under ordinary circumstances, the start of the school year can be challenging for any parent. But this year, in the midst of a pandemic, the challenges are even greater. The NFDA Work/Life Resource Program (EAP), administered by Beacon Health Solutions has put together Resuming School During COVID-19: A Resource Guide for Parents.
NFDA Members: If you need more advice or guidance on how to ease the transition for your children, reach out to the experts from the NFDA Work/Life Resource Program.
Working in this profession can be challenging professionally and personally. If you need advice on how to better manage stress and care for your health and well-being so you can always be your best, whether you are meeting with a family or spending time with your own loved ones, the NFDA Work/Life Resource Program (EAP), brought to you by Beacon Health Solutions, can help.
The Work/Life Resource Program is a confidential source of support available at no charge to NFDA members and members of their immediate family. Services include a hotline you can call for advice and referrals and a helpful website with articles, webinars and more.
- Counseling Services: Talk one-on-one with an experienced, licensed counselor for support with stress management, relationship issues, work/life balance, substance use, and more. You can access a counselor at no charge up to three times each year (face-to-face, video chat or by phone, whichever is most convenient).
- Work/Life Services – get guidance and referrals for:
- Education services: education resources including preschools, public and private schools, tutors and test preparation, financing, and continuing education
- Convenience services: help with consumer issues, emergency services, home maintenance and repair, pet care, relocation, community volunteering, and more
- Financial Services – get information and referrals for:
- Saving for college
- Debt consolidation
- Mortgage issues
- Estate planning
- General tax questions
- Retirement planning
- Family budgeting
- Legal Services – Get guidance and referrals for:
- Landlord and tenant issues
- Real estate transactions
- Wills and power of attorney
- Civil lawsuits and contracts
- Identity theft recovery
Life is never easy, but you don’t have to go it alone. We want the very best for you. Visit www.nfda.org/worklife for more information about the confidential services available to you and your immediate family.