Grieving Alone and Together: Responding to the Loss of Your Loved One during the COVID-19 Pandemic
by Sara Murphy, PhD, CT, with a foreword by Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D.
The Funeral Service Foundation, through its COVID-19 Crisis Response Fund has funded the creation of a booklet that addresses the challenges of grieving the death of a loved one during the COVID-19 pandemic. Grieving Alone and Together: Responding to the Loss of Your Loved One during the COVID-19 Pandemic by Sara Murphy, PhD, CT, with a foreword by Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D., is available for free to anyone who has experienced the death of a loved one or who would like to learn how they can support those who have.
This comprehensive guide covers
- The Nature of Grief
- Traumatic Loss
- Traumatic Loss Triggers
- Ambiguous Losses
- Risk of Disenfranchised Grief
- Children and Grief
- Separation from a Loved One at the Time of Their Death
- Planning Funeral and Memorial Services
- Supporting Your Health While Grieving
The families you serve may read the e-book version or request a free copy by mail on RememberingALife.com.
Free Copies for Funeral Professionals
The Funeral Service Foundation, through its COVID-19 Crisis Response Fund, is providing free copies to funeral professionals working with families affected by the pandemic. The booklet can also be used as an outreach tool in the communities you serve.
- Offer to family members after making arrangements
- Offer to guests at private services
- Mail to families that have recently experienced the death of a loved one, along with a personal note
- Offer a supply to your local hospice or hospital for distribution to families as appropriate
Request Free Set of Booklets
E-book Embed Code
It’s easy to make the e-book version of the booklet available on your firm’s website. Simply request the embed code and provide it to your website developer with instructions regarding where you’d like it placed on your site. Spread the word by sharing the e-book on social media.
Request Embed Code for Your Website