- To initiate and develop NFDA’s internal and external policies and strategies;
- To oversee the operation of NFDA programs and resources;
- To develop and authorize the annual NFDA budget;
- To approve or disapprove any application by an association of Firms or Practitioners for admission into NFDA Membership;
- To adopt and amend from time-to-time the enforcement procedures governing the investigation and resolution of complaints before the NFDA Professional Conduct Committee;
- To review any appeals from the decisions of the NFDA Professional Conduct Committee and to affirm, overturn, or modify these decisions;
- To develop and adopt all modifications to, and restatements of, the NFDA Mission Statement;
- To revoke the state association charter of any State Association that does not, in the determination of the Board of Directors, represent the Members of a particular State, and to revoke or suspend the membership of Members for violations of the Code of Professional Conduct; and
- To assume such other responsibilities as may be delegated to it by the NFDA Bylaws.
The NFDA Board of Directors is composed of the following nine (9) members: President, President-elect, Treasurer, Secretary, Immediate Past President and four (4) At-large Representatives. The President-elect, after completing his or her term, automatically succeeds to the office of the President. The President-elect, Treasurer and Secretary are elected each year for a one-year term of service by plurality vote of NFDA firm and individual members. Two At-large Representatives are elected each year for a two-year term of service by majority vote of the State Association Representative from each state.