The National Funeral Directors Association has established a new award – the NFDA Inspiration Award – that will be conferred annually on an exceptional female or non-binary individual who has made noteworthy professional contributions to funeral service or a related field.
The ideal nominee is an enterprising individual who consistently takes the initiative to elevate the funeral service profession. They serve as a mentor to colleagues. Their energy and independent spirit serve as an example to others. Their efforts result in significant accomplishments at the local, national and/or international level.
The inaugural award will be conferred during the 2023 Professional Women’s Conference in San Antonio, May 5-7, 2023.
- Open to anyone currently employed in the funeral service profession or a deathcare-related field with a minimum of five years’ experience, working directly with families.
- Identify as a female or non-binary individual.
- Is actively involved in community and professional service organizations.
- Is actively involved in efforts to educate the public about the value of meaningful memorialization and/or funeral directors.
- Is actively involved in professional development activities.
- Individuals cannot nominate themselves.
Nominations will be accepted online from February 15- March 31.
The nominating party shall submit the following items:
- Basic contact information for themselves and the nominee
- Confirmation that award criteria have been met
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Video (optional)
NFDA is seeking nominations of female and nonbinary individuals who exhibit the following strengths:
- Professional accomplishments
- Commitment to improving funeral service
- Examples of mentorship
- Life accomplishments
- Current related projects
- Outreach to special groups
- Outstanding professional qualities
- Outstanding personal qualities
- The NFDA Professional Women’s Conference Inspiration Award is not necessarily an annual award. It will be presented if and when appropriate candidates are nominated and approved by a panel of judges.
- Nominations meeting the established criteria will be evaluated by a panel of judges. Decisions of the judges are final.
- A standard evaluation form, based on established criteria, will be used to judge each nominee.
- The nominee who receives the highest evaluation will receive the award, which will be presented during the 2023 NFDA Professional Women’s Conference
- The nominating party and his or her winning nominee will be informed via email of the results. Other nominating parties will also be informed via email of the results.
Online submission closes March 31, 2023 at 5 p.m. CST.