Prepare for the Summit
We heard your concerns regarding being thoroughly prepared well in advance of the Advocacy Summit. NFDA Advocacy School will prepare all attendees for successful representation during their congressional meetings.
Once registered for the Advocacy Summit, you will receive an e-mail from: Advocacy Classroom firstname.lastname@example.org with your User ID and passcode for our online What to Know Before You Go class.
All registered attendees are required to complete NFDA Advocacy School. Please begin working on the class right away, as the deadline is Monday, March 11.
We have recorded a webinar to help in your preparation.
Lesley Witter, MPA, CAE, NFDA SVP Advocacy, and Dutch Nie, CFSP, CCO, NFDA President, walk you through the key issues, corresponding talking points, the agenda, important logistics, and other essential information.
NFDA is committed to ensuring our attendees are thoroughly prepared for the Advocacy Summit. The Summit Orientation & Issues Briefing webinar and completion of the Advocacy School curriculum is required.
This year we are partnering with Advocacy Associates, a logistics firm that specializes in organizing the entirety of Hill Days in Washington, D.C. In 2023, they’ve completed 235 of these events and secured 30,000+ meetings for 30,000+ advocates. They will be assisting with the logistics of our Advocacy Day including all scheduling of Congressional meetings.
By registering for the Advocacy Summit, you agree to allow Advocacy Associates and NFDA to manage your Congressional meetings.
We are working with Advocacy Associates to control NFDA's image on the Hill. Plus, it's critical that we present a united front to members of Congress. Therefore, registering and attending the 2024 Advocacy Summit means you agree to the new standards and terms outlined by Advocacy Associates.
The process of how your meetings will be arranged is as follows:
- Your home address will be used to match you with the appropriate Representative and Senators
- You will then be grouped with other attendees according to district, state, then region if necessary. Your state will have an identified representative, who will be your point of contact.
- You will meet with the offices of Representatives and Senators where your home is located, and any relevant members of Congress that fall under the committees most pertinent to our legislative issues
- An email with your schedule will be sent roughly 1 week in advance allowing you to download the app.
This will provide you with:
- Office name and bio
- Who you are meeting with
- Other attendees who will be in the meeting with you
- Talking points and documents
- Contact information for scheduling support
All congressional meetings will be scheduled for Thursday, March 21 between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (Congress is in session all day). Additional Wednesday meetings are available pending a request from the state representative.