For Immediate Release: October 18, 2021
Brookfield, Wis. – The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) will host a new two-day virtual event, the Convention Extension, on November 16 and 17. Offering fresh, exclusive opportunities for learning, funeral professionals will experience more education, more networking and more convenience – no travel is required. Funeral professionals who attended the NFDA International Convention & Expo in Nashville are eligible for special pricing.
“The Convention Extension will offer funeral service professionals vital education on business management, customer service, grief and bereavement, and technical skills,” said NFDA Director of Education Carmella Hansen. “Even if you joined us in Nashville, you won’t want to miss this unique opportunity to come together with your peers to build the knowledge and skills you need to thrive in our post-pandemic reality. All of our Convention Extension sessions are new; we’re not repeating any sessions from the in-person convention in Nashville, making this a must-attend event.”
NFDA has brought together a powerhouse line-up of speakers for the Convention Extension:
- Tuesday, November 16
- Keynote: Mindset Matters: The Performance Mindset for Funeral Professionals (by a Funeral Professional) presented by Mark Panciera, CEO, The Pacific Institute
- Creating Memorable Experiences Inside Your Funeral Home presented by Georganne Bender and Richard Kizer, partners, Kizer & Bender Speaking!
- The Role of Empathy in Difficult Arrangements, presented by Martha Thayer, professor emeritus, Mortuary Science Program, Arapahoe Community College
- Graduating Grief, Sherrie Dunlevy, author and podcast host
- To Be or Not to Be … Afraid of the Prep Room presented by Tom Buist, MBIE, The Dodge Company
- Wednesday, November 17
- The Three Es for Cremation Success: Employees, Expectations and Engagement presented by Mike Nicodemus, NFDA vice president of cremation services
- Keynote: Grief, Trauma & Resilience: Caring for Ourselves and the Families We Serve presented by Dr. Jody Carrington, clinical psychologist and author
- Keynote: Design Thinking Workshop: A Crash Course in Innovation! presented by Duncan Wardle, founder, ID8 & Innov8, LLC
Attendees will have an opportunity to engage with speakers during live Q&A sessions after their presentations. For complete details on Convention Extension education sessions and speakers, visit www.nfda.org/govirtual
In addition to exceptional speakers, Convention Extension attendees can participate in an optional lunch and learn session with Live Oak Bank on November 16; network with colleagues in interactive networking lounges during breaks; and take part in fun activities, such as a scavenger hunt and the Pup Doodle Derby.
Registration for the virtual Convention Extension includes the opportunity to earn up to 10 CE hours. Registered attendees will have access to recordings of all education sessions until December 22 (CE is not available for recordings; CE may only be earned while watching live sessions).
Funeral professionals who attended the 2021 NFDA Convention in Nashville (paid registrations only) can take $50 off a full Convention Extension registration or $25 off a one-day registration. They must call a member services representative at 800-228-6332 (262-789-1880) to take advantage of this discount.
- Full registration (all access for two days): $225
- Additional registrant from same firm (all access for two days): $125
- Single-day registration: $115
- Student (all access for two days): $45
- Full registration (all access for two days): $275
- Additional registrant from same firm (all access for two days): $155
- Single-day registration: $145
- Student (all access for two days; includes free digital student membership): $45
For complete details about the Convention Extension and to register, visit www.nfda.org/govirtual. Registration closes at 5 p.m. CT on November 12.
NFDA thanks Homesteaders Solutions and LoveUrns for their support of the Convention Extension.
NFDA is the world’s leading and largest funeral service association, serving more than 20,000 individual members who represent nearly 11,000 funeral homes in the United States and 49 countries around the world. NFDA is the trusted leader, beacon for ethics and the strongest advocate for the profession. NFDA is the association of choice because it offers funeral professionals comprehensive educational resources, tools to manage successful businesses, guidance to become pillars in their communities and the expertise to foster future generations of funeral professionals. NFDA is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis., and has an office in Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.nfda.org.
# # #
Media Contact: Jessica Koth, 262-814-1536, email@example.com