American Airlines Cargo (AA)
American Airlines Cargo Jim Wilson Service®
American Airlines is very serious about the care and sensitivity of transporting departed loved ones to their final resting place. Advance arrangements must be made prior to shipping Human Remains; therefore we have established the Jim Wilson DeskSM with product specialists to assist funeral homes and mortuaries with their worldwide shipping needs.
- Daily scheduled service to over 250 cities in 40 countries, with over 1000 daily flights
- Premium handling processes to highlight visibility and handling
- Streamlined tracking and shipment status notification via our AACargo.com Web site
- Trained Interline specialists to assist with connections throughout the world
- Caring oversight and communication by Jim Wilson Desk specialists
- Special ramp available at our larger AA Cargo facilities - for easier handling at the dock
- Shorter drop off times
- Email our specialists at firstname.lastname@example.org and receive a response within 24 hours
- Call 1-800-AATRUST (1-800-228-7878) available from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. CT, daily
- View Jim Wilson Service flyer (pdf, 391K)
- Visit AA.com for Bereavement Fares
- Uncremated Remains Shipments consisting of uncremated remains must be accompanied by a physician or health officer's certificate or a burial transit permit as is mandated by local, state, government and international regulations. Cadavers shipped for research purposes do not require a burial transit permit. Please contact the state or country officials at your origin and destination for full details on all regulations and document requirements.
- Minimum Packaging Requirements Remains must be secured in a hermetically sealed casket, approved metal container or combination unit to prevent shifting and the escape of offensive odors. The aforementioned container must be enclosed in an outer container (airtray) made of wood, canvas, plastic or paperboard. The airtray must have at least six handles and sufficient rigidity and padding to protect the inner container from damage by ordinary care and handling. The airtray must be new and cannot be reused. Airtrays are not required with combination or cremation containers.
- Unembalmed Remains Unembalmed remains do not need to be packed in dry ice. Remains packed in dry ice are subject to dangerous goods shipping regulations. Unembalmed remains must be secured in a casket or combo unit or metal container to prevent shifting or the escape of offensive odors. Please contact the state or country officials at your origin and destination for full details on all regulations and document requirements.
- Cremated Remains Acceptance guidelines for cremated remains are slightly different than those of uncremated remains. A burial transit permit is not required unless the remains are destined for a burial service. Please contact the state or country officials at your origin and destination for full details on all regulations and document requirements.
Minimum Packaging Requirements
* Cremated remains must be contained in a 5-millimeter polyurethane bag within cardboard outer packaging.
*A metal container or urn is the preferred method of inner packaging.
* Minimum size requirements (12" X 12" X 12") apply.
Airtray Information AA Cargo sells paperboard adult-sized airtrays (87" X 32" X 23") which meet the requirements for an outside shipping container. Airtrays are not reusable. AA Cargo does not offer infant airtrays for sale. The cost of an adult-sized airtray is 75.00 USD plus local sales tax.
Note: Airtrays are not available for sale unless in conjunction with a shipment using AA Cargo's Jim Wilson services.
After Hours Release
Our Jim Wilson Specialists will verify that your destination airport is open to release your shipment. If closed, we will attempt to arrange an after hours release. Normally an after hours release will require the shipment to be prepaid. Routing that requires the overnighting of human remains at an AA Cargo facility must be avoided; however, our Jim Wilson Specialists will assist with any special arrangements, when necessary.
AA Cargo Serves: