- CE approval of NFDA courses and events varies by state! Although NFDA strives to meet all state licensing board requirements for CE approval, we do not have any control over which courses are or are not approved by your state licensing board. States may or may not approve the number of hours requested, and may not inform NFDA in advance regarding CE approval in time for all live events.
- All NFDA educational courses are approved by the Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice (APFSP) for continuing education.
- Some states do not approve all distance learning (DL = correspondence, home study, online, podcast, teleconference, and web seminar courses).
- Some states do not approve courses that are business related (NC, NY, PA at this time).
- A few NFDA distance learning events each year are free informational offerings that do not confer CE.
- Occasionally, NFDA offers a free CE event for members. Additional member registrants are required to pay a fee for CE processing.
- All NFDA members are entitled to discounted registrations for CE courses and events.
- HOME STUDY QUESTION SETS. A Question Set is required for you to earn CE hours for book, audiotape, CD, CD-ROM, and DVD educational selections obtainable through NFDA Resources. Each individual requiring CE must order a separate Question Set through Resources.
- It is the individual participant's responsibility before registering for any NFDA course or event to verify that it is currently approved for CE in the state in which the individual is licensed.
GENERAL STATE CE INFORMATION
Note that state licensing boards may change approval requirements for CE, so NFDA is not able to guarantee the accuracy of the following general information although we remain in constant communication with licensing boards in states that require CE. We strive to offer you the most up-to-date information at all times.
|CE states that automatically approve all NFDA CE courses and events at this time:
||CE states that DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY approve all NFDA CE courses and events. Check each course or event for approval.
New Mexico *
Rhode Island *
New York (No cemetery, No CPC, approves some but not all DL)
North Carolina (does not approve CPC Correspondence)
Pennsylvania (No business, no distance learning, no home study)
Vermont (No CPC)
* CE approved when Academy approves.