Transport of Human Remains
The required documents that must be presented to the Embassy of the Republic of Croatia in order to issue a LAISSEZ - PASSER FOR THE DECEASED in order to arrange burial in Croatia are:
1. Completed and signed application form
2. Photo identification of the deceased
3. Proof of Croatian citizenship (passport, identification card, domovnica)
4. Statement of death or Death certificate. We recommend to affix it with an Apostille seal. Without an Apostille death can not be registered in Croatia, and heirs can not share deceased real estate in Croatia.
5. Medical death certificate (coroner's report)
6. Declaration of funeral home that the casket only contains the human remains of the deceased and that the body was deposited in the appropriate casket for transport to Croatia. Embalming is required by international airline shipment.
7. Certificate of shipment of body for outside USA
8. Certificate of health-control office that the person has not died of infectious diseases
9. Name of person accompanying the shipment of the body and name of funeral home in Croatia awaiting the shipment
10. Full flight details (airport of departure, transit airport and airport of destination)
11. Place of burial in Croatia
12. Consular fee for this service is USD $35.00, check payable to the Croatian Embassy/Consulate General
13. If you would like the Laissez-passer be sent to you by post, please add USD $20.00 or an prepaid envelope for the purpose of sending the document to your address.
Transport of Cremated Remains
For transporting urn with ashes there is no need for laises passer. Only declaration of funeral home that the urn only contains the human remains of the deceased and that the body was deposited in the appropriate urn for transport to Croatia.
|Events||Education||Member Benefits||About NFDA|
NFDA Event Calendar
Certified Preplanning Consultant Program
Certified Crematory Operator Program
Careers in Funeral Service
Licensing Boards & Requirements
All Member Benefits
NFDA Public Policy Positions
NFDA Executive Board
Governance & Structure
Code of Professional Conduct
Research & Information
Find a Funeral Home