Posted: September 7, 2011
The 2011 NFDA International Convention & Expo, being held in conjunction with the Cremation Association of North America, will take place October 23-26 in Chicago.
Up-to-date information about the 2011 NFDA International Convention & Expo can be found by visiting www.nfda.org/chicago2011.
Gain Valuable New Insights From NFDA Convention Workshops
The NFDA Convention will feature more than 40 engaging and interactive educational workshops covering the issues that matter most: technical skills, cremation, business operations, profitability, cemetery management, technology, marketing and more. You will be inspired by the most knowledgeable and creative minds in the profession, and you're sure to take innovative approaches to challenging situations back to your funeral homes. Some of the not-to-be-missed workshops include:
- Sunday, October 23
- Canadians Do Cremation Right. Top funeral and cremation providers from Canada will share information about how they are flourishing in one of North America's highest cremation markets.
- Marketing Your Cemetery: Connecting With Your Community. Discover creative direct and indirect marketing techniques to maximize the value of your cemetery and make connections with people in the community.
- Monday, October 24
- Google's Changes, Facebook Obits and Smartphone Shoppers: Consumer Shift. Learn how to leverage major technology trends to increase shopper calls, improve customer service and strengthen your funeral home's brand.
- Demystifying Succession Planning: How to Protect and Preserve the Family Business. Learn common estate planning practices and prepare for a worry-free transfer of business to a family member or outside interest.
- Tuesday, October 25
- Developing Customer Loyalty in the Digital Age. Learn how online tools and social media can be used to build and maintain meaningful relationships and drive more revenue.
- Difficult-case Embalming and Creating the Smile. See a never-before-presented workshop on severe trauma with massive restoration and surgery to the face and body.
- Wednesday, October 26
- Upping Your Game: What to Do When the Competition Levels the Playing Field. Learn how you can "up your game" and do more with the opportunities available in your market.
- Anatomy of a Cremation Machine. If you are considering purchasing cremation equipment, get expert information from representatives of various manufacturers about what to look for and available features.
Visit the NFDA Convention website for the most up-to-date schedule of workshops.
Chicago, NFDA's Convention host city, has unparalleled sophistication, class and style. There is something for everyone: fine dining, world-famous museums, legendary entertainment, shopping and much more. NFDA has coordinated several city tours to help you understand why so many visitors fall in love with the city every year.
- Frank Lloyd Wright Home, Studio and Neighborhood: Discover the historic neighborhood of Oak Park, which is home to 25 buildings designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright. You will also tour the restored and renovated home and studio where Wright designed most of his Prairie-style architecture buildings.
- Historic Wrigley Field Tour and Goose Island Beer Tasting: Wrigley Field has been home to the Chicago Cubs since 1916. Following an exclusive insider's tour of this historic stadium, you will enjoy a beer tasting at Chicago's very own Goose Island Brewery.
- Chicago From a Different Perspective: Discover the magnificent skyscrapers and learn about the architecture that has made Chicago famous from two different vantage points: the John Hancock Observatory, which is one of the tallest buildings in the city, and from a boat cruising down the Chicago River.
- Hinsdale Animal Cemetery and Crematory: The Hinsdale Animal Cemetery and Crematory has served Chicago pet owners since 1926. Enjoy a behind-the-scenes look at a state-of-the-art operation that performs more than 7,500 private cremations per year and features some of the most amazing monuments and memorials in the pet loss industry.
- Chicago Hauntings Signature Ghost Tour: Visit some of Chicago's most supernaturally active sites, such as Fort Dearborn and the site of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.
Tour reservations must be made by September 30. Visit the convention website for more information.
NFDA and CANA are generously supported by Federated Insurance Company, Batesville Casket Company, Facultatieve Technologies, Frazer Consultants, Madelyn Company, Matthews International, Memories by Design, Nomis Publications, American Crematory Equipment, American Funeral Financial, Deaton-Kennedy Company, Director's Select Retirement Plan (DSRP), Doric Products Inc., Funeral Call, Homesteaders Life Company and Messenger.